Thursday, September 24, 2009

Germs, Germs, Go Away!

The darling children at school have spread their sick germs to me! I woke up Wednesday knowing that a sore throat was approaching. I went on with my day, feeling a little worse as the day went on. I developed a slight sore throat, a weak cough, and a headache. I taught all day, went to a meeting, and to my night class anyway.

Being pregnant, I know I can't take just any over the counter medicine. After consulting my mom I decided to take a Tylenol and go to bed. I woke up early Thursday morning, showered, and trekked to school in the rain. I was preparing for my day and I wasn't feeling too hot. I was sweaty, had a headache, and had to take a few trips to the bathroom. I went to make a few copies and stopped by the office. The secretary said, "Amy, you're going home. You have to take care of two people. You don't need to be here." So... she took it upon herself to put in for a sub and said, "Go home and go to bed."

Anybody that knows me, knows that I am dedicated to my job. Missing a day of teaching is something I try to avoid. I am glad that she made me leave though. I came home and laid on the couch for an hour until I fell asleep. That 3 hour nap made me feel better. I haven't had a fever, the bathroom trips have gone back to normal, and my throat is feeling better. Now it's just a headache and a cough. Let's hope that this is just a bug and nothing more. We all know my body doesn't react well to strep throat. I've had my seasonal flu shot. AND LORD, please don't let it be that H1N1 stuff.

Here's to good health for me, Jackson, and all those kids at school! Nap time...

No comments:

Post a Comment