Saturday, October 24, 2009

Crazy Dream

Many have told me to be prepared for odd and vivid dreams during pregnancy. Well, I sure am having them! I thought I would share one from Wednesday night with you.

I dreamed that a teacher from school offered Michelle, Sarah, and I flight tickets to Orlando, FL for $12. We wanted to go but I was pregnant. Well, Jose agreed that I would need one last vacation before Jackson came along so I went. Here's the catch- I left my belly (baby and all) with Jose. My WES girls and I went to Disney World (those tickets were only $28).

While there, I got a phone call from Jose who told me, "Jackson is here!" We flew home and I went straight to the hospital. I walked in the room and there was Jose in the bed, recovering from child birth. I walked over to where Jackson was and started crying because he was so beautiful. The funny part- he had Jose's haircut. As soon as I started to talk to Jackson, he opened his eyes. reached out, and said "mama!"

My parents came to the hospital and told me that they helped Jose through labor and delivery. Jose was so glad they were there and showed him how to feed, clothe, and diaper the baby.

I woke up laughing. How funny would it be if you could just hand your pregnancy off to someone else so you could go on vacation? Or maybe for a good night of sleep? And, what if the father could choose to give birth instead of the mother? Sounds like a good trade off; 40 weeks of carrying the baby for mom and a day of labor and delivery for dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment