Monday, October 12, 2009

Today's Doctor Vsiit

I love going to the doctor! OK, maybe it's not love, but I really enjoy going to my OB check-ups. Today's appointment went really well. My vitals were good, my weight was on target (I've gained 9 pounds since July), and Jackson's heart sounds great!

Hearing his heartbeat makes me smile! I wish I could record that beautiful sound, but I am too nervous to ask. I know that some women rent gadgets that allow them to listen to the heartbeat anytime. I know that I would never put it away if I had one at arm's reach.

Dr. Johnson and I talked about the H1N1 shot. Because I am around germy, young kids every day she thinks I should absolutely get one. I expressed my concerns and she listened. She, along with the other doctors in the practice, are confident that the shot is safe. She told me that they would have the shots within the next 2-3 weeks, so I have that much time to make my decision. In the meantime, she said if I had flu-like symptoms or multiple kids in my class diagnosed with the flu I needed to call. They could give me some medication for early intervention.

Well, the next appointment is scheduled for mid-November. I can't wait to hear his precious heartbeat again! Here is to continued good health for baby and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment