Saturday, January 23, 2010

38 weeks

Yesterday, Jose and I went to our 38 week appointment.  We were scheduled to have an ultrasound first to see how big Jackson is.  If you recall from my post last week, Dr. G thought he may be small because my stomach isn't measuring as it should (I think the weight is going to my legs- oh no!).  The ultrasound tech sped through the measuring part.  I gathered the following from the ultrasound:


  • He is head down and in position to meet the world,
  • His heart looks good and beats at a steady 130 bpm,
  • He has two kidneys,
  • His leg and arm bones are normal size,
  • He has a round belly and small stomach,
  • He has a beautiful foot; and, 
  • He is shy! (He wouldn't turn his head so we could see his precious face).
From the measurements, the tech and Dr. G concluded that Jackson is measuring 38 weeks!  They estimated his weight to be about 7 1/2 pounds, give or take a pound.

I am now 2cm dialated.  This means that if he continues to progress as he has the last week or two, we will be meeting him very soon!  Dr. G said, "Hopefully this is a sign that things will move quickly when you start having contractions."  YES!  Please let that be the case.

I continue to have good blood pressure and my weight is where it should be (although I don't think gaining 30 pounds is awesome).

Pray for us during these last two weeks of pregnancy.  We are ready to meet our baby boy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, let me just tell you, 30 pounds is AWESOME! I gained about 55 pounds! Of course, I was retaining a lot of fluid and had high blood pressure issues, so that added a lot of weight...(but not the whole 55 pounds like I was hoping!). One thing, breastfeeding is amazing at taking the pounds off! You burn several hundred calories everytime you nurse! SCORE! :)
    Looks like everything is going great for you! I'm so glad! I was induced one day before I turned 38 weeks (due to the elevated BP). Won't be long now at all before you have Jackson in your arms! The most amazing, AMAZING feeling EVER!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that I can breastfeed. I know how important it is for Jackson's health. I want to have that bonding experience. And the expedited weight loss sounds good, too. :) I can't wait to meet him. I hope Tucker is doing well! Maybe he and Jackson can have a playdate sometime.

    ReplyDelete