Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A letter to my son

Dear Sweet Baby Jackson,

Papi and I are waiting patiently for you.  We know that you are due in ten days and that you are taking your time to make your appearance.  We have worked really hard to get ready for you.  Although you are our first baby, we have been to many classes, read many books and magazines, and asked for a lot of advice about how to take care of you.  We know that once you are here things will come naturally and we will take care of you the best way we can.

We can't wait to see what you look like.  Will you have my curls or Papi's straight hair?  Will you have his dark skin or my fair skin?  Will you have Papi's big dark eyes or my light green eyes?  Who's nose?  Who's ears?  Who's mouth?  Will you be a solid mix of both?  However you look, we know you will be adorable.

There are so many people ready to meet you.  Your Nana calls everyday to see if Mommy feels anything "different."  Friends call, text, and send Facebook messages everyday to see how I am feeling and to ask if you are here yet.  Already, there are so many people that adore you.

I love you and I can't wait to meet you.  I can't wait to hold you in my arms.  Papi can't wait to change your diapers (hehe)....

With all my love,
Mommy

1 comment: